Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Beautiful Music
It seems like the kids and I spend lots of time in the car. We love to listen to music and it can be rather entertaining to hear the girls sing some of the songs from the radio. I was amazed at how quickly the girls would pick up the lyrics and start singing them at random moments. This got me thinking about how even if the words aren't bad are those really the phrases I want running through their minds? So I picked up the CD for this years primary program and have it playing in the car. There are both the songs with words and then just the music. After dropping Natalie off at school this morning I look in the rear view mirror and saw Ella singing 'I Love to See the Temple' as just the music was playing. She knew all the words and sounded so sweet. The only thing she sang different was "As a child of God I know this truth OUR (instead of A) family is forever". I honestly had to hold back the tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love how they catch on so quickly! It does make you think, though, about what we are listening to lately. There are so many horrible songs out there, but nobody is willing to take a stand! You are such a good mom! Can't wait to see pictures of your "new' new house!
yippee! finally a new blog for Liz! ;) this is too cute. you are a lot better than i am about monitoring what music goes in your kids ears. I should be better...but some times i just like the music too much to turn it off. even if it is inappropriate for a 6 year old. Am i going to hell? probably!!
That is so sweet!! It's amazing how they can catch on so quickly.
By the way, are you sure it wasn't Jared and James touching tongues? I'm really hoping it was them and that I wasn't apart of that. That is pretty embarrassing, sorry! I bet you were surprised when you developed that roll of film!!
That is so sweet! I would have had to hold back the tears too! I'm so glad you are finally blogging...we don't need pictures...your stories are great! Love you and miss you!! XOXO
(and of course Tiff is going to hell...why does she even have to ask?!?!)
How are you doing? i want to know the latest on your house saga.
please email me so we can catch up. i cant believe you are still working@!!! how is that going? is it hard to have a job?
your baby is a doll face. you should come over and we should give our kids a playdate.
you know i will be going to gymboree for my gymbucks ( grrrr---why do i do this to myself?) i bet its so hard to work there eh?
Post a Comment