At midnight in downtown Portland my sister Rachel and I rang in the New Year by running a 5K along the waterfront. It was cold and rainy with a lot of strange people, but was so fun! While we didn't win any prizes for our time or costumes we did finish strong and are already planning our next race. We took the Max down and back to avoid the nightmare of downtown parking and because it was free. On the way home there was only standing room for the first half of the ride. When we had a chance to sit down this guy leans over to me and says, "Are you a doctor?" Me trying to contain my laughter, "Uh, no." Guy, "Are you sure?" Me, "Yep I'm sure." I have been having to wear my glasses because of an eye infection so I thought I must look so smart with them that now people are thinking I am a doctor. Ha Ha. Maybe I will keep wearing them!Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year and Are You a Doctor?
At midnight in downtown Portland my sister Rachel and I rang in the New Year by running a 5K along the waterfront. It was cold and rainy with a lot of strange people, but was so fun! While we didn't win any prizes for our time or costumes we did finish strong and are already planning our next race. We took the Max down and back to avoid the nightmare of downtown parking and because it was free. On the way home there was only standing room for the first half of the ride. When we had a chance to sit down this guy leans over to me and says, "Are you a doctor?" Me trying to contain my laughter, "Uh, no." Guy, "Are you sure?" Me, "Yep I'm sure." I have been having to wear my glasses because of an eye infection so I thought I must look so smart with them that now people are thinking I am a doctor. Ha Ha. Maybe I will keep wearing them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wait are you SURE you aren't a doctor?
Way to ring in the new year! Sounds perfect...maybe I will do that next year...of course I would need you to fly out to Houston to do it with me...Rachel is more than welcome to come too! :)
Good to catch up with your family and learn some FUN things about you. You're such a neat gal, wish we lived closer :(
You did!!!! I didn't know you did that! Hey, want to do a marathon or half marathon on July 4th in Sauvie's island?
Post a Comment