Monday, January 26, 2009

The Party

Ella decided she wanted a My Little Pony party for her birthday. As we were decorating our living room for the party she was getting so excited. She would see her friends get out of the cars and then would run to the door to let them in. Ella seemed so surprised that her friends were bringing presents with them. I think she just thought they were coming over to play.


We played a few party games and then did the pinata. As we were planning the party she kept saying how she REALLY wanted a pinata. I have always thought they were cute but never wanted to pay that much for a 10 second game. But did I mention she REALLY wanted one?! She was always really sweet about it and we found a cute one so I caved. The only let down was that she wanted to hit it and the one we got had the ribbons that you pull. Not really a way to get out some aggression, but she seemed happy with it.

Playing pin the symbol on the pony.

I had to make Natalie really dizzy to make it fair.

The much anticipated pinata.

Ok I know it isn't a pony, but Rainbow Dash has a Rainbow as her symbol and that seemed much easier than trying to make a pony.



Getting ready to blow out the candles

Cameron enjoying his juice box.

Presents! Ella was so sweet when she opened her presents. She told each person thank you a million times and when she was done she said "Thank you guys this is such a lovely presents!" We were so happy that Ella's friends could help us celbrate!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww your kids are so adorable. The party decorations turned out amazing- did you throw peanuts in the grass and have kids go look for them like mom used to do? heh heh.

Michelle said...

Wow, talk about you being super-mom with super-awesome pinata and birthday cupcakes! Awesome!

Chiara said...

Good work with the cake!! I love it!! I'm not sure I'm ready for My Little Pony parties...ahhhhh!

The Meier family said...

I really wish that I would have had some of that rainbow cupcake masterpiece! AWESOME!!!! your parties always take the "cake"! :)

Tiffany W. said...

that cake is totally the coolest ever!! And I LOVE that it is cupcakes! so much easier. Looks like super fun... wish we were there!:)

Jill Bagley said...

cute birthday party.
i love the cupcake rainbow.
i tried to leave a comment on another post, so forgive me if you found the comment, and this is redundant.
i didnt realize that Ella and Ezra's b-days were so close. they are exactly a year apart.
we just threw ezra a yo-gabba gabba party too!!
Ella is such a cutie patootie!! we need to get together more.
ha ha on the latter post with the 5krun and "are you a doctor"? that is so funny. no one would ever think im a doctor :( ---guess i look too dumb with blonde hair. i dont think i have ever had a doctor with blonde highlights. i guess doctors dont have time for highlights!!

Wendy said...

Love it! I was a major My Little Pony fan growing up myself. Go Ella! Who needs Barbie?