Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"When upon lifes billows you are tempest tossed....

....when you are discouraged thinking all is lost
count your many blessings name them one by one
and it will suprise you what the Lord has done."

The outcome has sunk in and life is moving on. I have been able to realize the blessings in this whole mess.

I am grateful that we had savings to use first to minimize the debt.
I am grateful for my husbands talents. He was able to do almost all the work himself which saved us a TON of money.
I am grateful for my Dad, brothers, neighbors and friends who helped to work on the house.
For Eric's diligence to make sure that all the damage was gone.
For my mother in-law for making us lunch.
For my mom and sisters for watching the kids so we could work.
For our patient and kind lawyer!
For my parents letting us live with them until we could move in.
And for the TPing partys enthusiasm! :)

We have been blessed.

4 comments:

plain jane said...

Rachel and I wholeheartedly agree: we LOVE "enjoying" your children. Natalie's lengthy stories (where is she going with this?), Ella's voice (how high can it go?), and Cameron's dancing (does his back hurt?). :)

Tiffany W. said...

Did your Mom tell you to sit down and count your blessings or something? ;) I am glad you can look on the bright side. You and Eric are amazing people!

Jess said...

I had no idea you went through this. I'm so sorry. You have great friends and family!!!

Rachel said...

Hey I'm grateful for your kids. :) Like Natalie's amazing eye trick she inherited from Eric, Ella and all her dresses, and Cameron and the phrase "ocean beaches." Heh heh. I'll watch them anytime. And of course you and Eric. :)