Friday, April 30, 2010

No Room at the Inn

I went to be early so I could wake up before the sun to get ready for the big day. Eric comes in after I finish drying my hair to tell me that the hospital just called and they are full. I was disappointed but he said they would call back when the day charge nurse got in. So I went back to bed.
****
Natalie came in a little after 6 and asked where Grandma was. She was really disappointed when I broke the news to her. Then Ella came in. More disappointment. We got Natalie off to school and waited. Waited. Waited some more. And still waited. Finally at 10:00 I called the hospital to check on things. They finally had some births, but wouldn't have a room for a few more hours. Around 1:00 my doctor's nurse calls and to deliver the news. My induction has been pushed to Monday morning. We are all a little disappointed, but what can you do. But really don't they know it isn't nice to do this to a lady who is 9 months pregnant!
****
We are all keeping our fingers crossed for Monday.

7 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

I was disappointed when my 20 week, find out the gender, ultrasound had to be rescheduled. I can't imagine having to deal with your letdown. Here's to hoping the baby decides to surprise you all and come on her this weekend. :)

Chiara said...

Grrrr.....that is when you start drinking caster oil, running curbs, jumping on trampolines, and taking blue cohosh drops! :)-

GOOD LUCK! Keep me posted!

Rachel said...

Sorry Elizabeth! I hope you have a good weekend- stay comfortable. :) "Parent from afar" if you need too. Can. Not. Wait. To. See. Her. And everyone else.

Cathy said...

Bummer! It must have been a long day for you. I'm excited to see the new addition and Rilynne's new friend!

Tiffany W. said...

I don't want to bug the new mother and baby... so i will be waiting to here from you with the details (like a name and birth weight!:) Hope all is well. XOXO

Chiara said...

SO SO SO....is she here? Come on...UPDATE!

Tiffany W. said...

okay... I keep waiting for some pics!!! Need some NOW! ;)