This year I think the Easter Bunny spent quite a bit of time finding small gifts to go in the baskets that suited each child and would not be immediately tossed aside and forgotten. I think he thought he did a pretty good job.
In Avery's basket was Tangled. This was good because then no speaking children could claim the movie as theirs, but everyone could enjoy it.
Cameron had a fun racket game that he was excited about.
Natalie had Jenga, also fun.
Then comes Ella's basket. Ella got a Hello Kitty house to add on to the others that she already has. Notice the happy reaction to the baskets.
In Avery's basket was Tangled. This was good because then no speaking children could claim the movie as theirs, but everyone could enjoy it.
Cameron had a fun racket game that he was excited about.
Natalie had Jenga, also fun.
Then comes Ella's basket. Ella got a Hello Kitty house to add on to the others that she already has. Notice the happy reaction to the baskets.

Almost immediately upon seeing the baskets Ella bursts into tears because her Hello Kitty set is shorter than Cameron and Natalie's game. Yes SHORTER. Cause taller = better. Really I don't know why the Easter Bunny or Santa for that matter, even bother. Someone is always in tears because of what someone else has.
Replacement ice packs were well received.
Then the kids hunted around the room (it is after all Oregon and when is it ever dry enough to have an Easter egg hunt outside) for eggs.
Then candy was eaten and everyone felt much better.
2 comments:
That is hilarious! (Well, to me!:) The Easter Bunny actually brought no presents in Easter Baskets over here this year. it certainly made things cheaper... which was what I was going for... but although the kids didn't say it... I could tell they were a little dissappointed.
hahahaha! I think it's called the second child syndrome. Pretty sure about it in fact. They will always feel ripped off no matter what. And they will always be the most difficult. BUT, they are the most fun and keep us on our toes and teach us lots of really important things! :)-
Post a Comment