Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tulip Festival

Tulips are my favorite flower and 30 minutes away from home there is an annual tulip festival. I have lived in Oregon all but 2 years of my life and I have never been! So when some friends were heading down I was happy to go along. I will say I wasn't too excited about having all the kids without Eric since Cameron tends to run and not look back. But it was a beautiful day and I decided to brave it.
There was a big area for the kids to play. There were old water pumps that were set up so the kids could pump water and have rubber duck races.


There were also pony rides.



And a huge slide with pipes to roll down on. Ella and Cameron loved this and went down it about 100 times each. It was fun and kept them in one place.



Ella wanted me to take a picture every time she went down.



Then there were the flowers. Fields as far as you could see. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Ella and Natalie with some of their friends. Cameron would not get in the picture. And then he ran off. Really far down the rows of tulips. I would call his name, but he kept running. Finally I had to leave Avery with a friend and literally run after him.



And Avery was a happy camper in the stroller.

1 comment:

Tiffany W. said...

Avery is totally a burnette Ella! I love it! :) I see those tulip pics of everyone's and it looks amazing! I think i need to fly out there next year to go with you since i have never seen it either! :)