Sunday, June 5, 2011

Old McDonald had a Farm...

and some of it stayed at our house! Ella's class had an incubator with 16 eggs. 15 fluffy chicks hatched and for one night 8 of them stayed with us. We babysat some chicks when Natalie was in kindergarten, but the girls were a lot more comfortable holding the chicks this time around. We had 4 little yellow ones and 4 black ones and they were pretty darn cute. Kind of a funny thing since chickens are not cute.


It was a bit stressful at times making sure that my kids and a few visitors were soft enough that I would be returning ALL 8 chicks the next day. For the most part they did well and the chicks seemed to be pretty resilient. Thankfully.

5 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

I don't think I've ever seen black chicks. Cool.
There's something about holding a soft, fluffy chick that makes your kids look absolutely angelic. What sweet pictures!

Chiara said...

FUN! Mason and Madden would love that! Macks, not so much. He'd cry for sure. And Marley would simply squeeeeze them until they died! :)-

Tiffany W. said...

Seriously cute pics with the chics! But you are BRAVE. I would not trust my kids for one second around them!

Tiffany W. said...

And what the crap... when did Natalie get braces? And how did I not know this?!? She even makes braces look cute! I wish I had had that ability as a child!

plain jane said...

Wait. Where's the picture of ME and the chicks? Heh heh.