Wednesday, August 3, 2011

4th of July

This 4th was a combo celebration of our nations birthday and good-bye to my parents. We gathered with all the local family members at Aaron's house. The kids had so much fun being with their cousins, as always. After dinner, playing, talking and running around it still seemed that nightfall was pretty far off. So we started the fireworks anyways. Avery wasn't at all fazed by the fireworks and enjoyed them from the comfort of Eric's lap. And don't they look patriotic in their red, white and blue.

All the party people, except my parents! Seriously! I didn't get a picture with them. I was sad. A few days later they left for the MTC and are now hard at work in Minneapolis. We are so proud of them and miss them terribly. Ok moving on because now I am getting a bit misty eyed.


Natalie, Griffin, Reese, Cameron , Ella and Maddox cautiously enjoying the fireworks. This was actually a big step for Natalie who has a strong fear of fireworks and is usually inside with her ears plugged, trying not to cry.

1 comment:

Tiffany W. said...

I love that Avery is pulling on Joanna's hair! :) I know you will miss your mom and Dad... I miss them... and I never saw them to begin with! :)