Rachel and I were able to take a trip out to Minnesota and visit mom and dad. It was so great to spend a few days together and travel what seemed like the entire state. Dad had the trip planned out really well and we had a great time. Some of the highlights were the Spam museum (and no I didn't buy any, yuck), the Mississippi River, the famous Red Wing pottery, a family cemetery not too far from where mom and dad are, the Mall of America, some of the MANY lakes and the amazing homes around them, the Minneapolis temple, hanging out together and not having to cook for 5 days!
It was so fun to meet a lady that my parents helped to join the church and some of the great people they serve with. Not to my surprise we were told over and over again how much people love my parents, how hard they work and how fun they are. Yeah I knew that already. :) It was funny though because the weather wasn't that great during our visit and people kept apologizing for the weather. The conditions: 50s, cloudy and rain/drizzle. Maybe they thought I said I was visiting from Florida not Oregon. Sadly no pictures with them (dad always the photographer) and it made me miss them even more, but I am proud of what they are doing!






No comments:
Post a Comment