Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No More Diapers!

I was not ready to potty train. It is not something I look forward and none of my kids have been very easy or quick to train. Cameron was the easiest and I think the fact that he was closer to three was a big part of that. So when Avery wasn't even two and asking to go potty, I would just redirect her. I didn't want to spend the summer outings looking for a bathroom because of a little bladder with short notice on needing to go. But after her continued persistence I thought we would give it a quick try with both of us calling it quits in a few days. But Avery surprised us. She turned out to be one of those kids that had it down by day two. The few times she would have an accident she would say, "Oh dang it!". It was hilarious. I will say I was very pleasantly surprised and very proud of this little munchkin.

2 comments:

The Meier family said...

jealous.... but in a good way! ;)

Tammy and Alvin said...

That's awesome! We are just starting to let Eliza experiment a little with siting on the potty because I've noticed that she consistently tells us right after she has gone in her diaper. I'm not pushing it because I'm tired (something to do with having a 7 week old) and we have a couple of road trips coming up in July that would be easier in diapers. :) But if we could have a 2-day miracle like Avery, maybe I'd be more willing to give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration!