Thursday, March 5, 2009

Makors

Cameron's tricks continue. Now before you begin to think that I am sitting on the couch watching TV and eating bon bons I will let you know that this kid is FAST and many of his adventures happen when I am doing wonderful things such a laundry, picking up toys, homework with Natalie or heaven forbid in the bathroom, as was the case with this recent situation. I think I was upstairs 30 seconds when I hear Natalie and Ella yelling "Mom, Cameron got the markers!" over and over. They are really good about letting me know when he is doing something he shouldn't. Now if only the child who had used the makers seconds before had remembered to put them away this whole situation may have been avoided. But alas they do only have two hands (something they tell me on occasion when they are asked to put there clothes away AND brush their teeth)! I am such a slave driver. I quickly hurry downstairs as flashes of things Cameron could be expressing his artistic style on run through my head. Couch. New carpet. New curtains. Table. Coloring book, not likely but I will cross my fingers? Well turns out he chose himself. I walk in the kitchen to find him sitting on the kitchen table coloring his face and saying "makor makor". His face gets this big grin when he sees me and the speed of his coloring picks up as to make sure he gets as much done before his fun is brought to an end. After picking up the markers and feeling relieved that he and the table are the only casualties, I grab the camera. He is all smiles and hams it up for me. These things are starting to be a little less cute to me.
lovely blue marker drool

4 comments:

The Meier family said...

that is adorable! In case you forgot, it is spelled M-A-R-K-E-R-S not M-A-K-O-R-S! :)

Michelle said...

wow, it's almost like he planned it so he'd be like Jack on Pirates of the Carribbean!

Breezy said...

Elizabeth,

Not sure if you remember me but I found your blog through someone elses. Your family is so adorable. . . blue smile and all. Boys are a handful but they make life so interesting. Our latest toy is beanbags and we have to take all 20 of them everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Cameron is hillarious!!! the markers and the sink both sound exactly like something Dax would do. Boys are so much FUN!