Yesterday we were watching conference in the family room. The girls were good for about 15 minutes of the first Sunday session and then ran off to play. Towards the end they kept coming in the family room and wrestling, playing tag, asking questions and all together making it difficult to hear let alone absorb something. So when the second session was getting ready to start I said in a firm voice "If you are going to be in here then you have to be really quiet!" Ella looks at me and while pointing to the living room (currently the toy room) says, "So if we are in there we have to be really loud?"
A while back Natalie picked Cameron up and was carrying him around the house. Up until this point when she would do this he would look like he was being strangled or be slowly sliding out of her arms as she went about just squeezing harder to keep a good hold on him. But on this day she had him high enough that her arms were under his bum and was actually carrying him in a way that he or I didn't seem to mind. Realizing the accomplishment she said "I feel just like a parent!"
Cameron is quite the talker now. The girls have a lot of fun asking him to say this or that. He does a great job and seems to be able to repeat most anything. He also has his little phrases he will use throughout the day. "Go way" which may be used if you are too close to his food, if he has snuck his Binky out of his bed and has be caught, or he has just had enough kisses. I think he picked this up from all the times he tries to play with his sisters and is not welcomed.
"Meer." This is 'come here' slurred together and often he is pointing to the ground right where he wants us to come.
"Luv you, nigh nigh" What he says when you put him down for bed. And he will usually continue repeating this even after you have left the room. I can often be down the hall and still hear his sweet voice "luv you, nigh nigh. lov you, nigh nigh"
5 comments:
Aww I love them so much! When the weather gets warm, are you going to pull out Cameron's carpis? Heh heh. I heard he got his hair cut- can you put up a picture?
Your kids always make me laugh! LOVE THEM! :)
Way too big...all of them! ENOUGH!
Kids say such funny things. I always think that I need to keep better track and record all of it but then I never do. I can't believe how big all of them are getting. I remember seeing Natalie when she was just about one years old and I can't believe she is 6. That is really cute that Cameron says that at bed time. Brent says nigh, nigh but not the luv you. We need to work more on that one.
totally missed this post! So cute. I love the funny thigns kids say! I actually was thinking i need to record Eli's soon too... before it is all gone! So sad. They grow up way too fast!!!
Post a Comment