Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day 1

Yesterday it was getting close to Cameron's nap time and I couldn't find a single binkie. AnYwHeRe! We have like 5 of them so really you would think I could find at least one, but no. I was talking with my friend and she suggested I just be done with them since I had been planning the detox. First I didn't do it because we were driving to Utah and I didn't want to think about all the screaming for 12 hours in the car with no binks. Recently it has been the fact that in a few days I am leaving for a girls trip to Utah and my kids will be cared for during the day by other members of my family. I could just see them cursing my name as they try and get him down for a nap with no binkie. Well I couldn't find one in time for nap so I just decided to bite the bullet. NO MORE BINKIES! Both yesterday and today for naps he cried for a good 20-30 minutes before falling asleep in front of the door. Last night for he screamed and cried and every once in a while would say "Where are they? I can't find a binkie!" It was sad and broke my heart but there is no turning back. His sweet little voice is all raspy today. 4 more nights before I leave. I hope he is adjusted by then. Otherwise sorry Joanna, Rachel and Deidre. :)

5 comments:

The Meier family said...

Tell your dumb friend to butt out of your business! :) Good luck! you didn't even say anything about it when I talked to you today, either! I am such a bad friend!

Tiffany W. said...

How about more like poor ERIC!!! I am going to have to agree... not hte best timing! :) And that poor kid... tell him his Aunt Tissy will give him 100 binkies the next time I see him!!!

Tiffany W. said...

oh and I don't think you have to worry about anyone cursing your name. Because if they have half a brain (which i know they do!:) they will go out and buy a $2 binkie themself to give Cam and buy themselves some peace of mind until the mom comes home to deal with it herself! Or at least that is what I would do... good thing you are not leaving him with me! :)

Rachel said...

If I can detox off Diet Dr. Pepper, Cameron can get off of pacifiers. When I watch him, we'll have a little chat. :) M&M's will help him. Heh heh.

Deidre said...

So Cam did fine with me at nap time without a binky...I just told him to close his eyes and go to sleep and he could have a pop sickle when he woke up....just a little bribe from Nana...