Tuesday, October 6, 2009

First Day of 2nd Grade

We are into our second month but I have had the good intention of taking more pictures of Natalie since my battery died the first day, but it hasn't happened yet. Natalie was very excited to start 2nd grade. She has a few friends from last year in her class and her teacher seems great. We did have a rough week a few days into it when, like she does every year, has a difficult time adjusting. It suddenly seems better to stay home and school is too long. After a week of no crying she earned a family outing for ice cream and has been doing great ever since. Eric gave her a great father's blessing before the first day and we know she will do great this year! sitting at her desk on the first day


getting off the bus like a pro

6 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Both of your girls are so pretty! Seriously! VERY pretty. You are going to be chasing boys off for a long time to come for those two!!

Connor always takes awhile to warm up to school too. I am still not sure we are there yet. :)

Rachel said...

That third picture of Natalie looking to the side looks so much like you. :) And yeah, you'll have to fend off the boys for both of those girls. And Cameron is going to break some hearts with his dance moves. Heh heh.

plain jane said...

I love Cameron's face - his little squinty eyes. Your kids are so cute. Must be the Newby genes....bwahahahaha. And Rachel's right - Natalie looks exactly like you.

Chiara said...

I LOVE Natalie's short hair! She is SO big looking! Babes for sure!

Tiffany W. said...

and I have to agree with your sisters... I totally thought the profile pic of Natalie had Elizabeth written all over it!!

Cooper Family said...

That is great that they get excited for school! I love the second picture, when all three of them are smiling at the camera. They are all so cute!