When I was little we had a tape recording of several Dr. Suess stories. To this day I can still hear the man's voice reading Too Many Daves, Ooblek and of course The Pale Green Pants. A few weeks ago I read Cameron the Pale Green Pants for the first time. He thought it was the greatest thing EvEr! So we have read it every night since then. Sometimes when we are out somewhere he will go up to someone and just start reciting the story, word for word. When I read it I use some of the same inflections in my voice that the man on the tape had so when Cameron recites it he does too. It always gets a big reaction out of people and its some pretty funny stuff.
A few days ago Natalie came out of her room with these pants and told Cameron they were the pale green pants with nobody inside. Oh the joy! He was so excited. For the next two days he carried those pants with him almost everywhere.
1 comment:
"And then....the snide bush...." At times, I couldn't tell whether he was simply talking or quoting the story.
Post a Comment