At our house the Easter Bunny comes Saturday morning. It is a tradition that my parents started and many of my siblings and I have carried on. It is great for a few reasons. Mainly we do it because it allows Sunday to focus on the Savior without the bunny and candy. It has also worked well for us because we don't have to rush through the baskets and there is not the sugar rush/crash during church. The girls managed of course to wake up about 6AM. Strange how on weekdays I have to go in 3-4 times to get them to wake up, but without fail they are up at 6 every weekend. We waited until about 6:30 to let Cameron sleep a little longer before we told them we could go downstairs. After getting their baskets they started to look for the eggs. The bunny hides them in groups of threes so everyone gets the same number. I really appreciate that he does that because it saves a lot on the crying and complaining. Natalie would find one group and then take the eggs and put them in Ella and Cameron's baskets. They didn't seem to mind too much, this year anyways. I do wonder when they will catch on that they unknowingly share their candy with me. :)Monday, April 20, 2009
The Easter Bunny
At our house the Easter Bunny comes Saturday morning. It is a tradition that my parents started and many of my siblings and I have carried on. It is great for a few reasons. Mainly we do it because it allows Sunday to focus on the Savior without the bunny and candy. It has also worked well for us because we don't have to rush through the baskets and there is not the sugar rush/crash during church. The girls managed of course to wake up about 6AM. Strange how on weekdays I have to go in 3-4 times to get them to wake up, but without fail they are up at 6 every weekend. We waited until about 6:30 to let Cameron sleep a little longer before we told them we could go downstairs. After getting their baskets they started to look for the eggs. The bunny hides them in groups of threes so everyone gets the same number. I really appreciate that he does that because it saves a lot on the crying and complaining. Natalie would find one group and then take the eggs and put them in Ella and Cameron's baskets. They didn't seem to mind too much, this year anyways. I do wonder when they will catch on that they unknowingly share their candy with me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love the pictures! But my thing about them is that Ella is dressed already, and Natalie and Cameron still have their pj's on. I really wish that our easter bunny would come on Saturday as well. It really would make it easier! The Legos look fun! I can't wait to play them after having some yummy Monte Cristos! :)
Dude...love the Saturday tradition AND the "hide the eggs in threes" thingy. You are one smart cookie. Our Easter Bunny is going to start copying! :)
Post a Comment