Friday, July 10, 2009

Look at the Garden Grow

For those of you who are die hard readers of my blog (that may only include a few family members) you know that Eric built me a planter box for Mother's Day. Well we planted (and by we I do mean Eric and the girls) tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, beans and cucumbers. They are all growing like crazy and it has been so fun for the kids to go out and check the progress of everything. About a week ago we started getting cucumbers. Since we will have tons the kids have enjoyed picking them and eating them daily. We are excited for other things to ripen and I am sure we will be expanding this garden area more next year.
Cameron ate this entire cucumber himself. My kids are very good veggie eaters which unfortunately they didn't get from me.

giving me a close up

My hydrangeas have also started to bloom. I love love love hydrangeas. They make me happy. We are loving the nice weather and enjoying our little spot.

4 comments:

Chiara said...

dude....bring me one of them nice, fat, delicious cucumbers when you come....I want to eat a whole one by myself too!! My mouth is watering!

Tiffany W. said...

Garden and flowers look awesome! Come work on my backyard now... it needs it!

The Meier family said...

K I hope that means I am considered family, since I check your blog! :) I wish my garden would grow like that! If you get sick of those yummy veggies, send em my way! ;)

C & C said...

You are awesome! I am envious of your garden. I started one this year, my first one ever, and it is somewhat of a disaster.Beautiful hydrangeas. I love them!